A couple nights ago my husband suggested that we make Chicken Snitzel for dinner. Reminiscing of our 3 years spent in Germany, I thought, of course! Let’s try it.
It was a very simple recipe and you make it just like you would make a pork or Weiner Schnitzel.
The trick for any Snitzel recipe is to use fresh meat (preferably meat that you just purchased) and then brutalize the life out of it with your kitchen mallet. For chicken, you won’t have to pound the meat as much.
1.Season the chicken cutlets with salt
2. Dip in flour (shake off excess)
3. Dip in egg (shake off excess)
4. Dip in Garlic and Herb Breadcrumbs.
5. Fry in 2-4 inches of vegetable oil.
5. Blot off oil.
6. Put on Kaiser bun with your kind of condiments.
Leftovers for Lunch, Yes Please!!